Basic Needs Assistance
701 17th Avenue West – Bradenton, FL 34205
Tel: (941) 747-0383
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Whether you are looking for help with your most basic daily living needs or simply need a little help with one specific item, you will be amazed at all the services at one location available through the Open Door program offered by Turning Points. The compassionate staff and volunteers of the Open Door will assist you with a variety of needs to help you stabilize your current living and financial situation while becoming more capable of independently meeting your own needs.
The Open Door will help you solve nearly any problem affecting your ability to maintain a stable living situation. Regardless of your need or situation, please contact us. If we do not directly provide the service you require, we will refer you to one of our many partners. We are here to help in any way we can. Below is a table of the direct services we currently provide.
Acquiring Legal Documents and Financial Assistance
(Services made possible in part by being registered as a Department of Children and Families Services ACCESS site.)
- Florida state identification card (application and cost assistance).
- Ordering a copy of your birth certificate (application and cost assistance).
- Emergency food assistance.
- Food stamps.
- Other financial assistance programs when applicable.
(In partnership with the Suncoast Workforce Board and Goodwill Employment Assistance program)
- Fully equipped computer lab to search and apply for jobs.
- Resume writing and consultation.
- Computer skills training.
Interaction with Friends, Family, and Employers
- Use of a telephone and fax service.
- Mailbox service. You can use our address for mail and employment applications.
- Fully equipped computer lab with Internet access and assistant.
Self Care and Well Being
- Daily continental breakfast and beverages to avoid dehydration.
- Daily lunch provided onsite by Our Daily Bread of Bradenton (10:00 am – 11:30 am).
- Men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing . Toys, books, and other too.
- Haircuts for adults and children.
- A hot shower and free personal hygiene kit to go.
- Restroom facilities and a dedicated shaving area.
- Laundry. We wash wash, dry, and fold up to 10 personal items weekly.
- Transportation. Free bus passes, fuel assistance (typically only for emergencies), and bicycles when available.
- Prescription cost assistance depending upon need and situation.