Homelessness Education 101
The following websites provide valuable information regarding homelessness; both alleviating homelessness and preventing homelessness. The websites also discuss, analyze, and propose solutions to the many related socioeconomic issues that have a major correlation with homelessness.
Our hope is that by sharing these resources, we will help individuals and organizations understand the complexities of homelessness and join us in devising effective solutions to this nationwide problem with which we interact on a daily basis here in Manatee County, Florida.
If you know of a website (including Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, and other social media platforms) we should consider adding to this page of resources please contact us. Also, please let us know if a link is not working.
**Please note: Including an organization / website on this page in no way implies endorsement by the Community Coalition on Homelessness, but rather represents, to the best of our knowledge, those also focused on seeking solutions to homelessness both locally and nationally.
Homelessness Service Providers in Manatee County, Florida
- Turning Points
- Family Resources of Manatee County
- Goodwill Manasota
- HOPE Family Services
- Project Heart
- Our Daily Bread of Bradenton
- Salvation Army of Manatee County
- CareerSource Suncoast
- We Care Manatee
Statewide Homelessness Service Providers in Florida
National Organizations and Resources
- Detox Local – A great resource with information on safely quitting drugs and alcohol. They have an extensive list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (American Asian and Pacific Islander) community.
- HEAR US HEAR US Inc. is a national nonprofit organization that gives voice & visibility to kids & families experiencing homelessness
- Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness Dedicated to bringing family and child homelessness into focus through research, policy briefs, and interactive data tools
- Live Another Day – Extensive information on mental health and substance use resources for people of color. Their mission is equal access to life-saving resources. They have guides for black, Latinx, Asian, and native people.
- National Center on Family Homelessness For more than 25 years, NCFH has been at the forefront of national efforts to understand and respond to homelessness, trauma, poverty and the need for social services and supports to mitigate the impact of homelessness on children, youth, and families
- National Coalition on Homelessness The National Coalition for the Homeless is a national network of people who are currently experiencing or who have experienced homelessness, activists and advocates, community-based and faith-based service providers
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty The only national organization dedicated solely to using the power of the law to end and prevent homelessness and to protect the rights of people experiencing homelessness
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council The Council is a membership organization uniting thousands of health care professionals, people with lived experience of homelessness, and advocates in homeless health care
- Start Your Recovery StartYourRecovery.org provides helpful information for people who are dealing with substance use issues — and their family members, friends, and co-workers, too
- United States Interagency Council on Homelessness USICH is the only federal agency with the sole mission of preventing and ending homelessness in America
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development HUD provides housing support and uplifts communities
- U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs Provides veterans the world-class benefits and services they have earned
Volunteer With Us
Make a big impact in your community and join us in preventing and alleviating homelessness. We’d love to have you join us whether it is for just a few hours a week or more, or for a specific one-time initiative.Learn More
[show-testimonials alias=’Main Testimonials’]