Homelessness Education 101
The following websites provide valuable information regarding homelessness; both alleviating homelessness and preventing homelessness. The websites also discuss, analyze, and propose solutions to the many related socioeconomic issues that have a major correlation with homelessness.
Our hope is that by sharing these resources, we will help individuals and organizations understand the complexities of homelessness and join us in devising effective solutions to this nationwide problem with which we interact on a daily basis here in Manatee County, Florida.
If you know of a website (including Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, and other social media platforms) we should consider adding to this page of resources please contact us. Also, please let us know if a link is not working.
**Please note: Including an organization / website on this page in no way implies endorsement by the Community Coalition on Homelessness, but rather represents, to the best of our knowledge, those also focused on seeking solutions to homelessness both locally and nationally.
Homelessness Service Providers in Manatee County, Florida
- Turning Points
- Family Resources of Manatee County
- Goodwill Manasota
- HOPE Family Services
- Project Heart
- Our Daily Bread of Bradenton
- Salvation Army of Manatee County
- CareerSource Suncoast
- We Care Manatee
Statewide Homelessness Service Providers in Florida
National Organizations and Resources
- Coalition on Human Needs
- Campaign to End Child Homelessness
- Community Housing Network
- HEAR US
- Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness
- National Center on Family Homelessness
- National Coalition on Homelessness
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
- Start Your Recovery
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
Volunteer With Us
Make a big impact in your community and join us in preventing and alleviating homelessness. We’d love to have you join us whether it is for just a few hours a week or more, or for a specific one-time initiative.Learn More
[show-testimonials alias=’Main Testimonials’]