Volunteer at Turning Points
Volunteer With Us
Make a big impact in your community and join us in preventing and alleviating homelessness. Review and apply to our current volunteer opportunities by clicking the button below or email our Volunteer Coordinator, Cheryl Hedger, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are vital to fulfilling the Turning Points mission. We need volunteers all year long to help us deliver services across all of our programs. We’re glad you are considering us for a rewarding, productive, and fun activity for you or your group, family, and friends! We’d love to have you join us whether it is for just a few hours a week or more, or for a specific one-time initiative.
The health and safety of our volunteers are a #1 priority for us, especially during this COVID-19 pandemic. We are following the safety protocols form the CDC, Florida Government and Manatee County Government. Some of these protocols include, but are not limited to:
- additional hand washing stations have been added around the center
- social distancing in all areas
- hand sanitizer is available in all areas
- cloth or procedure masks are available and mandatory for staff and volunteers at all times
- all hard surfaces, door handles, light switches, desks, chairs, tables, phones, computers sanitized are disinfected multiple times a day and/or after client use
- clients/patients are all screened, if symptomatic no services/care provided
- prior to entering the building all staff and volunteers must have contactless temperatures taken. If >100.4, they are not allowed to enter. If Cleared, they can access care/services/work areas.
General Guidelines for Volunteers:
- DO NOT attempt to volunteer for any activity if in the last 14 days you have:
- Traveled to any foreign country or to California, Washington, New York, Washington D.C., or Chicago (this list may change on short notice)
- Been on a cruise or been in an airport
- Been around anyone who has COVID-19
- Been to an event where more than 250 people were in attendance
- DO go to Volunteer Match (button below) and register your capabilities and availability or find volunteer opportunities that are available
- ALLOW extra time for additional screening from volunteer organizations or agencies to make sure you are cleared to volunteer for the task
- DO practice universal infection control precautions. Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering
- DO clean any used spaces thoroughly before and after, including table top surfaces and door knobs/handles
- DO use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if needed for the task
- DO maintain 6-10 foot separation from others while conducting the task, when possible
- ASK about any risk that may be associated with the task and DO NOT take part if you are uncomfortable with the level of risk.
- DO wear closed-toed shoes
Volunteer With Us
Make a big impact in your community and join us in preventing and alleviating homelessness. We’d love to have you join us whether it is for just a few hours a week or more, or for a specific one-time initiative.Sign Up
We like matching volunteers with what they are good at and what they like to do. Our opportunities complement a number of different skills and not only allow you to help your community but also the opportunity for you to practice, improve upon, or expand your skill-set.
Maybe you would like to hear from another volunteer what their experience has been like or to arrange for a tour for yourself or organization. If so, just let us know!
To Provide, Coordinate, and Facilitate services to the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in Manatee County, Florida.Learn More
his place is great for people who need help or are going through rough times, they can help with food stamps, clothing, showers, food (to take home for those who have a home, or a meal Mon-Fri), they have computers available to use, they also have housing assistance for those who qualify. There is also a lot more that they do, this place helped me so much when I had nowhere to go.
Went to the One Stop Center and Turning Points today for a tour of the facility - was excellent and informative - if interested, make an appointment - takes about an hour and well worth the time to see all that is going on there - there were clients in all areas - the place was a beehive of activity - a wonderful facility for our community and one of the top in the country - highly recommend checking it out.
Turning points is so awesome. Without them I would not have a wonderful home for my family and I.
I volunteered at the Stand Down held in Palmetto on Nov. 1st. I was so impressed with the services available for the all those in need. There was a separate building just for veterans. I was in that building and saw how they helped the men and women with any paperwork. They serviced breakfast to all and had a bounce house for children. I give this organization an A+.